Are you living the American Dream by owning your own business? Is your business doing well but you now need to grow? Maybe you aren’t seeing the returns on your business that you thought you would have when you first opened. Maybe you decided to open a home-based business after being laid off or fired? Maybe all you need is some growth ideas to blow up like nitro.
If you’ve already mastered the basics like providing top-notch customer support that can create word-of-mouth buzz about your business and you have a solid business plan in place, what you might need is to employ some strategies that can grow your business in ways you might not have thought of yet.
Below is a list of sure ways to set your business off like a firecracker in Q2 of this year and beyond.
- Expand on existing products and/or services to fully maximize the market potential for what you already sell. After all, offering a wider selection of what your customers already like is a proven way to increase revenue.
- Developing new products and/or services from your existing base is a way to increase both your revenue and your market share. You can even survey existing customers asking them what they would like to see added to your existing platform of offerings.
- Employ new ways to increase the sales of your existing products and/or services. Think of possibly adding on a new sales person, a freelancer, an intern, an independent contractor or even a family member to help you out. If you’ve been wearing all the hats you might have been missing hours per day that could have been better suited selling rather than doing other tasks.
- Development and deployment of new technologies to aid in how you interact with your customers can do wonders. Sending out emails, newsletters or adding a blog to an existing web site can all help increase revenue. Also, consider opening a merchant account so you can accept more forms of payment.
- If you haven’t built a web site in today’s market you can’t afford not to have one. This is one place you can expand your reach to a global market place with not much expense to get up and running.
- Think about offering your business as a business opportunity, distributorship, licensee opportunity or even as a franchise. By doing so, you can duplicate your existing efforts and create multiple revenue streams that will work hard for you in the coming months and years.
- If your business is highly specialized and you feel that you’ve tapped your niche, try to think of new customers that can correlate to your existing ones in new market sectors. This can be a surprisingly rewarding exercise.
- If you partner with a company or person in a related industry or maybe even within your own industry that you don’t directly compete with, you might create a synergy that can boost your bottom line quickly. This can be one of the least expensive and most effective ways to grow your business.
Remember, if you do nothing to grow, then most likely you will receive no results in return. Know your products, know your services, know your customers wants and needs, know your market sector, know your industry and always try new things to grow your business.
Carpe Diem My Friends!