Long regarded as one of the most trusted sources for maps and directions, MapQuest announced late last week the launch of its new Local Business Center, a free platform for businesses to reach their customers more effectively with business-related information and even deals. In addition, this new service provides businesses with a whole new level of content control and the ability to make updates and changes that go live in minutes.
Citing the critical need to provide “high-quality and accurate business listing information” in an increasingly “search-based world,” MapQuest Senior Vice President and General Manager Christian Dwyer said, “Consumers expect relevant search results and this new service makes it easier for businesses to provide a quality experience.”
MapQuest is a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL Inc. According to AOL's June 23 press room release announcing the Center’s launch, the free “claim-your-listing” service will enable businesses to:
- Enter business information, including address, phone, payment options and hours of operation
- Provide a tailored business description of up to 600 characters
- Upload photographs
- Specify their exact location using a “drop and drag” marker
- Add multiple URLs, including website addresses and reservation links
- Provide parking tips and helpful hints for getting customers in the door.
In addition, the Local Business Center provides business owners with innovative marketing options for a reasonable annual fee, including:
- Promotional campaigns that appear in-line with MapQuest search listing results and on the details page ($99 per year), and
- A distribution service that routes updated listing information and special offers from MapQuest to eight additional marketing venues, including Citysearch, local.com, Superpages, Yahoo!, Yelp, Yellowbook, YellowBOT and WhitePages ($399 per year).
MapQuest also announced its intentions to upgrade the Local Business Center’s capabilities and offerings over the course of the summer to include such features as video capability and image captions, among other related marketing products and services.
To get started using MapQuest’s Local Business Center to drive search traffic and even real traffic toward your business location, visit listings.mapquest.com and set up your account today!