Buzzwords: We hear the terms all the time and rarely do we think of ourselves over using certain terms when we sell or converse with others. I feel like pulling my hair out each time I hear someone say, “customer centric” because I wonder if said person actually knows what that buzzword really means.
So, here is my top five to stop using today:
- Customer centric (if you don't know what this means and can use it in context stop using it)
- At the intersection of… (and that guy in that commercial that used to be on the show- oh please stop!)
- Moving or Going Forward (gross! - Presumptuous word.)
- Build Your Exit Strategy (no comment - it is obvious)
- Organic Growth (seriously? people are still using this word?)
Here is a bonus: ‘Directionally accurate’ is to me another way of saying, "I don’t my know my ass from a hole in the water or the answer to boot, but boy did that just sound good!" It is also important to note that many customers you come into contact with do research prior to your call with them. They are haters of the term "directionally accurate" because what it really means, "I can't back this up at all, I still know I'm right though." Oh, and BTW, stop using BRB and BTW via instant message.
Carpe Diem My Friends